I posted this long ago, but it wasn’t under a typical recipe heading. This is a tasty Summer/Spring salad, but it’s great for during any warm weather spell.
Combine the following chopped herbs in food processor with 1/3 cup or more olive oil. Add lemon or vinegar if desired,
- 1 bunch cilantro , packed
- 1/2 cup parsley , loose
- 1/4 cup each dill, mint & tarragon
Mix with the following:
- 2 cups (more/less as desired) cooked quinoa
- small sautéed onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 to 1 serrano pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- generous handful of arugula, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste; I also added cumin
- feta, optional
If you don’t like the taste of tarragon, you could skip it or experiment with another herb…basil, sorrel, lemon thyme.