Alignment and perseverance have long been guiding themes for me. I have always been methodical and detail-oriented, and my tenacity to get work done could at times push me to the edge. When I suffered a repetitive stress injury that eventually led to chronic pain, I realized that my yoga practice was the inner work component I needed to progress my physical and mental healing. Yoga became a catalyst for change and served as guide to realign my life.
I pursued a new path in teaching yoga and overcame barriers that were preventing personal breakthrough. I now use my experience in teaching others to explore their practice in ways that work for them. I offer my students the yogic tools to learn about their bodies, how to heal and evolve with change, and to understand that yoga is an ongoing process. My purpose is to teach others to align with their inner strength, persevere on their own path and help them meet their needs and goals while finding ease in their body.
I’m a 500E-RYT, YACEP, and Yoga Therapist. I’ve logged over 7,000 teaching and training hours Hatha and Vinyasa Alignment Yoga, Yoga Therapy, PT-based Yoga Therapeutics, Meditation, Yoga Philosophy, Ayurveda and Prenatal Yoga. My work is influenced by my personal drive to learn and understand anatomy and physiology and to integrate eastern and western methodologies in order to deepen the therapeutic effects of the yoga practice.
Training and Accreditations
- 800-hour IAYT Yoga Therapy Training Program, Stress Management Center of Marin, current – June 2020
- Yoga Therapy for Anxiety Certificate, Gary Kraftsow, 2019
- Intro to Mindful, Trauma Informed Yoga Certificate, Yoga Medicine, 2019
- Level 1 300-hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training, Stress Management Center of Marin, 2018
- Yoga Anatomy Training Certificate (20 hours) Yoga Medicine, 2017
- Recognizing Red Flags Certificate, Yoga Medicine, 2017
- Conducting a Comprehensive Evaluation in a Therapeutic Setting Certificate, Yoga Medicine, 2017
- SmartFLOW Sadhana Advanced Practice, Annie Carpenter, 2016
- SmartFLOW Advanced Teacher Module (50 hours,) Annie Carpenter, 2015
- Teacher Assistant for three 200-hr Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Trainings with Les Leventhal, 2013 & 2014
- 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training, Yoga Tree, 2014, including but not limited to:
- Yoga Therapeutics and Advanced Anatomy (100+ hours) with Harvey Deutch, PT, 2-13-2014
- Prenatal Training (45 hours) with Jane Ausin, 2011
- InnerYoga and Yin (50 hours) with Dina Amsterdam, 2011
- Mentoring program and Assistant Teacher (100+ hours) for Les Leventhal, 2011-2013
- 200-hour Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Les Leventhal and Destiny Eurkus, 2010