Alignment and perseverance have long been guiding themes for me. I have always been methodical and detail-oriented, and my tenacity to get work done could at times push me to the edge. When I suffered a repetitive stress injury that eventually led to chronic pain, I realized that my yoga practice was the inner work component I needed to progress my physical and mental healing. Yoga became a catalyst for change and served as guide to realign my life.
I pursued a new path in teaching yoga and overcame barriers that were preventing personal breakthrough. I now use my experience in teaching others to explore their practice in ways that work for them. I offer my students yogic and lifestyle tools to improve and manage their physical, mental and social well-being. I educate them to learn about their bodies, how to heal and evolve with change, and to understand that yoga is an ongoing process. I guide my students to meet their needs and goals while finding ease in their body. My goal is to empower others to live a better and healthier life.
I’m a 500E-RYT, YACEP, and Yoga Therapist, and I’ve dedicated the past several years to serve others for pain management, stress and anxiety relief, as well as providing modalities for healing and rehabilitating injuries.
I’ve logged over 7,500 teaching and training hours in Yoga Therapy, Hatha and Vinyasa Alignment Yoga, PT-based Yoga Therapeutics, Meditation, Yoga Philosophy, Ayurveda and Prenatal Yoga. My work is influenced by my personal drive to learn and understand anatomy and physiology and to integrate eastern and western methodologies in order to deepen the therapeutic effects of the yoga practice.
Training and Accreditations
- 800-hour IAYT Yoga Therapy Training, Stress Management Center of Marin, 2020
- Yoga Therapy for Depression Certificate, Gary Kraftsow, 2020
- Yoga Therapy for Anxiety Certificate, Gary Kraftsow, 2019
- Intro to Mindful, Trauma Informed Yoga Certificate, Yoga Medicine, 2019
- Yoga Anatomy Training Certificate, Yoga Medicine, 2017
- Recognizing Red Flags Certificate, Yoga Medicine, 2017
- Conducting a Comprehensive Evaluation in a Therapeutic Setting Certificate, Yoga Medicine, 2017
- SmartFLOW Sadhana Advanced Practice, Annie Carpenter, 2016
- SmartFLOW Advanced Teacher Module (50 hours,) Annie Carpenter, 2015
- Teacher Assistant for three 200-hr Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Trainings with Les Leventhal, 2013 & 2014
- 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training, Yoga Tree, 2014
- Yoga Therapeutics and Advanced Anatomy, Harvey Deutch, PT, 2014
- Prenatal Teacher Training, Jane Ausin, 2011
- InnerYoga and Yin, Dina Amsterdam, 2011
- Mentoring program and Assistant Teacher for Les Leventhal, 2011-2013
- 200-hour Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Les Leventhal and Destiny Eurkus, 2010
- BA, Civil Engineering, University of Buffalo, 1995 (my methodical mind matters)
And, if you’re curious about what I do during my off-time – I like to cook.